Urban farming, black powder shooting, touring on the Harley, building scale model kits and taking photographs. We like to vary our hobbies and interests sometimes it doesn't leave time to excel at any of them.
Submitted by TonyT on Thu, 2017-03-09 20:13
- Book airline tickets (Duh!).
- Organise your ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization).
- Hire a car.
- Pre-book accommodation, not really necessary if you are travelling across multiple states. From my last trip motels are plentiful and we had no issues finding a room.
- Get a travel SIMfor your phone.
- Read lots of reviews on the places you want to visit.
- Get a travel card that you can load up with USD, shop around though the options and fess vary greatly.
Submitted by TonyT on Thu, 2017-03-02 20:19
Well everything for our holiday in Las Vegas is sorted. When I booked the motel I obviously missed the resort tax add on to the room charges.
This week I also found out I have to pay to park at the motel, then I found out that we have to get a bus from the airport to the car rental complex to pick up our Mustang.
Hope there's no more hidden surprises once we get there.
Submitted by TonyT on Tue, 2017-02-21 18:30
This trip is all about celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, we've been talking about going to the states for a couple of years and decided it was time to actually do it.
The proposed breakdown of the trip will be as follows:
Submitted by TonyT on Tue, 2017-02-07 16:29
I've just purchased a Pedersoli .50 KentuckyRifle. The Kentucky rifle evolved from the German hunting guns from the early days of American colonies and it was a major rival to the Brown Bess. It was typical of the rifles used in the American colonies and it became, one of the most popular American rifles thanks to its lightness and accuracy.